Hoorah!! It finally feels like it’s nearing Summer here in Amsterdam and I am making the absolute most of it! Recently, I’ve spent most of my time practicing french, jotting down ideas while chilling in the park, bike rides, and long walks. Obviously, my life isn’t always as relaxing as it is now, so I’m taking full advantage of my time here! All this free time has been everything but boring. My mind has never been more stimulated than it is right now and maybe it’s the good vibes of Amsterdam or maybe it’s my fresh outlook on everything. Although, I suppose it would be more fitting to say it’s not just a new outlook, but new habits I want to pick up and incorporate into the rest of my life to be not only more successful, but also just genuinely happier. How do you stay motivated? Let me know in the comments down below. I’d love to hear about it!
Also on the topic of being happy, there’s something so enjoyable about setting up a picnic, eating delicious (no mess) finger food, and basking in the sun on a beautiful summer’s day. And one of my fav picnic foods is the good Ol’ tuna sandwich! Today, I’ll be sharing with you guys one of my takes on a tuna sandwich. When prepping picnic food I usually like to keep it simple and spend as little time as possible on it so this is going to be a really basic, yet delicious tuna salad/sandwich recipe that will be perfect to make for your next picnic!
Fresh and simple tuna sandwich
What you’ll need:
– Bread (I usually just use wholegrain/wholewheat sandwich bread)
– 1 x can of tuna (I use the ones canned in water)
– 1 x red bell pepper/capsicum diced into small cubes
– A heaping tbsp of Dijon mustard
– 3 ~ tbsp of Mayo (add more if you see fit)
– 1 tsp ~ of Siracha (less or more depending on how you like it)
– Salt & Pepper
Lettuce or some sort of leafy greens
How to make it:
1. Combine tuna, red bell pepper, dijon mustard, mayo, siracha + seasonings in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
Tip: If you’re making this to bring to work, I suggest you mix all the ingredients together in the Tupperware you’re going to bring! Super easy and saves you having to get out another bowl. I use to do this a lot when I worked full-time.
2. Toast bread
3. Spread tuna mix on one slice, add the other slice of bread on top, and voila!! A delicious sandwich ready to be taken with you either to work or on your next picnic. In fact, you don’t even have to have an occasion to eat it. Just eat it right then and there :).
In my humble opinion, the red bell pepper really adds a nice crunch and freshness to the sandwich! What do you think? What’s your take on the classic tuna sandwich?
Please don’t forget to like, subscribe and post a comment down below if you’d like to suggest something or just to say hi. Thank you so much for clicking on my blog post and I hope you’re all having a wonderful day!
The chatty foodie,
over & out